Working with PortfolioCenter Data Management Tools
Portfolio and Asset detail data can be vital to having accurate reports and billing statements. Leverage the PortfolioCenter Data Management tools to enter, maintain and organize data. This section guides you through several tools you can use to accomplish these tasks.
- Introduction to PortfolioCenter Data Management Tools
- Using Data Management Tools to Work More Efficiently
Working with Account Details and Custom Portfolio Fields
Portfolio and group details and Custom Portfolio Fields are the basis upon which you build your client lists. The documents in this section help you understand the standard portfolio and group detail fields, as well as how to extend their functionality when used with Custom Portfolio Fields.
- Updating Account Numbers Using the Account Conversion Utility
- Portfolio Defaults Settings
- Using Default Values to Streamline Data Entry
- Entering Portfolio Details
- Entering Group Details
- What are Custom Portfolio Fields, and How Can I Use Them?
- Defining Custom Portfolio Fields
- Entering Data into Custom Portfolio Fields
Working with Rules
Rules are the basis upon which Smart Sets and Views are built and can be a powerful tool for filtering and finding portfolios based on detail data. Use the documents in this section to create and edit Rules, and to get suggestions for practical applications.
- Strategies for Creating Portfolio Rules
- Operators for Rule Condition
- Working with Rules
- Using Rules to Examine Portfolio Data
Working with the Portfolio Data Manager
The Portfolio Data Manager displays portfolio and group details and Custom Field data in a grid so you can easily see the information side-by-side and post data. The documents in this section describe the many uses of the Portfolio Data Manager.
- Working with the Portfolio Data Manager
- Practical Uses for the Portfolio Data Manager
- Creating Views in the Portfolio Data Manager
- Using Views to Analyze and Edit Data
- Techniques for Moving Data in the Portfolio Data Manager
Working with Views
Views are a powerful tool you can use to filter and find portfolios based on detail data. Use the documents in this section to create, edit and use Views.
- Views Overview: What Are They and How to Use Them
- Top Views to Consider when Organizing Your Clients
Creating and Editing Views
- Creating Views from the Portfolios List
- Creating Views Using the Views Wizard
- Creating Views in the Portfolio Data Manager
- Editing Views
- Managing and Organizing Views
Practical Uses of Views
Working with Smart Sets
A portfolio set is a collection of segmented client accounts you can use for certain tasks such as reporting, billing, rebalancing and so on. A Smart Set uses Portfolio Rules to determine membership. The documents in this section show you how to create and manage Smart Sets based on Portfolio Rules. For more information about Static Sets, see the Working with Sets section.
Creating Smart Sets
- Using Set Builder to Create Smart Sets
- Techniques for Turning Static Sets into Smart Sets
- Using Custom Portfolio Field Data in Smart Sets
Smart Set Examples
- Set Example: Creating a Taxable Accounts Smart Set
- Set Example: Creating an Unreconciled Accounts Smart Set
- Set Example: Creating Sets for Batch Processing of Client Presentations
- Using the Closed Account Flag with Smart Sets
Keeping sets organized and updated is critical for maintaining accurate set membership and to ensure that global reporting and various batch operations are being accomplished for the appropriate portfolios and portfolio groups.
Working with the Securities Data Manager
The Securities Data Manager displays asset details in a grid so you can easily see the information side-by-side and post data. The documents in this section describe the many uses of Securities Manager.
- Working with the Securities Data Manager
- Overview of Security Types in PortfolioCenter
- Updating Security Details Using a Spreadsheet
Working with the Asset Categories
Examples Using Specific Wizards
- Using the Account Transfer Wizard
- Using the Cost Basis Reset Wizard
- Using the Income Reclassification Wizard
- Using the Global Cancel Wizard
- Using the Global Delete Wizard
- Using the Transaction Writer to Generate Management Fee Transactions
Corporate Action Wizards and Information
Corporate actions, such as mergers or spin-offs, can sometimes be intricate transactions to enter. We provide some data for you in our Corporate Actions Center. However, if you do not see what you need there, review the documents below to get help researching and entering the data using the Transaction Writer Wizards.
Identifying and Researching Actions
- Tips for Researching Corporate Actions
- Identifying Corporate Action Transactions in your Interface
- Understanding the Transactions after a Cash/Stock Merger
- Corporate Action FAQs
- Corporate Action Terminology
- Working with Thomson Reuters InvestmentView
- Importing Index Values from Pricing Services
- Importing Returns from a Generic Index File
- Importing Prices from a Generic Price File
- Importing Prices and Reference Data from Interactive Data
- Importing Prices from Dial Data
- Importing Asset Classes into PortfolioCenter